Associate (entry level)
We're looking for a Finance Associate (apprentice) to join our growing FinOps team to deliver Smart Finance Function services to a portfolio of clients in our key sectors: Tech, SaaS and e-commerce, predominantly in the London and South East region.
You will work within a pod to deliver all aspects of our Smart Finance Function with a key focus on delivering management insight, alongside studying as an apprentice, working towards becoming a qualified accountant. This role involves a focus on understanding the latest accounting technology with an expectation to focus on delivering client value.
What you’ll be doing
You will have responsibility for:
- Using cloud accounting systems (Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live) to maintain accurate records for a portfolio of clients.
- Performing bank reconciliations, processing receipts and payments.
- Preparing VAT returns for a portfolio of clients prior to review.
- Preparing suggested payment run files for client approval.
- Preparing monthly payroll changes and communicating with our payroll team for a portfolio of clients.
- Completing period end close activities including the relevant month end adjustments i.e. prepayments, accruals and journals.
- Preparing the monthly accounts including standard reporting from the accounting system.
- Supporting our finance managers with monthly and quarterly reporting including account closing procedures.
- Support in consulting-style workshops.
- Support with systems implementations.
- Ad hoc support for finance managers and business advisors as required.
- Liaising with clients and developing strong working relationships.
- Providing regular status updates on client deliverables.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Gained/predicted B grades at A level (or equivalent), or hold an AAT Level 2 qualification.
- Grade 5 (or grade B) or above in GCSE Maths and English.
- Confident presenting yourself and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer, data and process skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- A passion for working in a finance role.
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
- Discretionary performance related bonus (up to 5%).
- Pension contributions.
- Study package (tuition, study days, first-time pass bonuses) for professional qualification.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Fully paid strategy trip each year.
- Flexible working.
- Laptop available for business and personal use.
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance.
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to client sites will be required at times. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs. Your skills and experience will determine the entry level and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full-time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.