Transition and Transformation Manager
We're looking for a Transition & Transformation Manager to help wow our new clients as they transition to flinder. You will be responsible for setting the success of the client journey following our transformation methodology. As an expert in leading practice operational finance, you will own the transition and transformation process, driving a team of experts and championing the wider business.
You will work with our FinOps Pod Managers and Portfolio CFOs to effectively transition and transform new clients into flinder. You will need to be organised, tenacious and driven, with strong influencing skills and impact.
This role involves leading practice operational finance experience across technology, processes, data and reporting.
What you’ll be doing
You will have responsibility for:
- Lead and develop the ‘Transition & Transformation’ Team as a profit centre
- Responsible and accountable for the successful client transition journey
- Demonstrate immediate impact and value working with flinder – across finance and the wider business e.g. operational best practice and data harvesting.
- Designing new leading practice to-be processes as part of transitioning clients to flinder.
- Get under the skin of new clients’ business and what they really value – sharing this with the BAU team.
- Developing strong and trusted relationships with senior client stakeholders.
- Identifying future opportunities and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Responsible for carrying out flinder methodology and training others in our transition and transformation approach.
- Reporting to flinder CFOs.
- Finance system design and build and working with data structures.
- Improve processes for new clients to best in practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them.
- Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information.
- Developing client process manuals.
- Supporting on complex consulting solutions across the business.
- Ad-hoc work required in an agile business.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of relevant post qualification experience in a small to mid sized accounting firm or finance consulting boutique.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations, finance processes, controls and data.
- Practical experience working on finance transformation and other consulting projects such as system implementations and process optimisations.
- Experience applying consulting methodologies and ability to adapt style and methodologies to new situations.
- Experience of leading practice processes and cloud technology - finance and typical operational applications for tech, SaaS and e-commerce businesses e.g. Hubspot, Shopify, A2X.
- Specific experience with the companies act requirements and UK GAAP.
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills, with particular experience in Excel.
- Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g.Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live).
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
- Appreciation that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none.
- Drive and desire for progression within flinder, we want our people to continue to develop.
- £50,000 – £58,000 (experience dependent).
- Discretionary performance related bonus (up to 5%).
- Pension contributions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Private medical care.
- Fully paid strategy trip each year.
- Flexible working.
- Laptop available for business and personal use.
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance.
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to client sites will be required at times. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs. Your skills and experience will determine the entry level and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full-time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.