We're looking for a Finance Assistant Manager to join our growing FinOps team to deliver Smart Finance Function services to a portfolio of clients in our key sectors: Tech, SaaS and e-commerce, predominantly in the London and South East region. You may also get involved in other propositions that support your clients' journey.
You will work within a pod to deliver all aspects of our Smart Finance Function with a key focus on delivering management insight. This role involves a high-level of the latest accounting technology with a high expectation to focus on delivery client value.
What you’ll be doing
You will have responsibility for:
- Supporting a pod team with coaching and support.
- Supporting the client transition and transformation journey into flinder.
- Finance system design & build and working with data structures.
- Improve processes for new clients to best in practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them.
- Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information and data analytics.
- Developing client process manuals.
- Reviewing close activities and monthly working papers e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accruals & journals.
- Using and reporting from cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks).
- Reviewing management commentaries.
- Reviewing monthly/quarterly management accounts.
- Reviewing annual statutory accounts and corporation tax.
- Investigating and responding to technical accounting queries.
- Primary relationship owner for less complex clients.
- Performing ad hoc requests and non routine questions from clients.
- Ad-hoc work and projects required in an agile business.
- Technical support to Portfolio CFOs in delivery of their portfolios.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of relevant post qualification experience in a small to mid sized practice.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes.
- Specific experience with the Companies Act requirements and UK GAAP.
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills, with particular experience in Excel.
- Experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage One/Live).
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
- An approach that client satisfaction is absolutely second to none.
- Drive and desire for progression within flinder, we want you to be our Portfolio CFOs of the future.
- £39,000 – £43,000 (experience dependent).
- Discretionary performance related bonus (up to 5%).
- Pension contributions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Private medical care.
- Fully paid strategy trip each year.
- Flexible working.
- Laptop available for business and personal use.
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance.
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to client sites will be required at times. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs. Your skills and experience will determine the entry level and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full-time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.