Smart finance function®
We'll build and run an efficient, well-controlled finance function that will tell you what happened yesterday, what's happening today and what's likely to happen tomorrow, giving you the insight and confidence you need to grow your business.
Efficient, well-controlled and insightful
If you want a scalable business, you need solid foundations for growth, and for that, you need infrastructure, governance and data-based insight to make timely decisions.
Within 50 days, we'll deliver the foundations of an end-to-end smart finance function® that is set up to deliver actionable data, bring greater efficiency and governance to your business and deliver improved management reporting.
93% of senior finance leaders expect to see a finance function that is leaner (with fewer employees), digital and data-driven. (Source: Gartner)
Your elastic finance team®
Our award-winning, multi-disciplined finance team work with fast-growth tech, SaaS and e-commerce businesses to bring their collective experience to deliver the right technology, best processes, relevant data and operational insight to you.
From data specialists to bookkeepers, finance managers to finance controllers and CFOs, our team brings a mix of tactical, operational and strategic experience at various levels that can flex to grow (or shrink) as your business scales and needs change.
The result is the accelerated deployment of a finance function that’s efficient, well-controlled, insightful and integrates with the broader strategy of the business.
How we do it - the flinder effect
Successful finance functions share three common characteristics: efficiency, control, and insight. But, if a finance function is too well controlled, it’s at the expense of being efficient. If a finance function lacks efficiency, it’s often at the expense of creating insight.
As part of our 50-day smart finance function plan, we put in place the right people, processes, technology and harness data from integrating finance and operational systems across your business.
Your first 50 days with flinder
- Mobilise team & schedule knowledge transfer session
- Gather initial requirements
- Hold knowledge transfer session
- Hold management information requirements session
- Review finance system
- Detailed design of new processes
- Design new finance chart of accounts/data structures
- Design management information
- Agree detailed transition plan
- Register for HMRC agent access
- Move and improve processes
- Cleanse data
- Improve finance system, data flow and ways of working
- Build management information reporting
- Cutover to new processes
- Embed new ways of working
- Services go live (transaction processing, period-end close, reporting, CFO support)
- Business as usual
- Feedback & continuous improvement
Improved control environment.