Portfolio CFO (experienced)
We're looking for a Portfolio CFO to join our growing FinOps team. You will be responsible for leading your own portfolio of clients predominantly in the London and South East region delivering our Smart Finance Function and Data Analytics solutions along with other propositions that support your clients' journey in our key sectors: Tech, SaaS and e-commerce.
You will also be responsible for developing and nurturing new opportunities leveraging your existing networks, as well as developing new networks in order to approach prospective clients and target new work.
You will own the overall relationship with your clients and be responsible for providing a premium client service that is absolutely second to none. Just like your clients, you will also be an instrumental part of a new and growing business.
What you’ll be doing
You will have responsibility for:
- Senior and ultimate relationship owner for your portfolio of clients.
- Delivering one-off consulting solutions to non-portfolio clients e.g. systems implementations, investor readiness and forecasting.
- Holding client meetings with senior client staff and attending Board meetings on a selection of clients, providing insight and analysis on business-wide matters.
- Discussing broader client business issues and how to manage them.
- Supporting clients in their cashflow and business plan development and monitoring needs.
- Designing & building finance (and non finance) systems and working with data structures.
- Improving processes for new clients to leading practice, leveraging technology where possible and streamlining them.
- Leading the design of data analytics dashboards for your clients.
- Oversight and supporting managers with day to day training and development.
- Reviewing and coaching junior members of the team, including period-end close activities, executive commentaries, technical accounting questions.
- Overall responsibility of technical accounting queries.
- Liaising with the client and developing strong working relationships.
- Reporting internally and providing regular status updates on client deliverables.
- Developing a pipeline of opportunities and targeting new clients.
- Driving a sector or propositions.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for the role you must have:
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of relevant post qualification experience.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes.
- The ability to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key client decision makers.
- An enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs.
- Experience in managing multiple, and senior, stakeholders.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong computer skills, with particular experience in Excel and management information/data analytics.
- Experience with cloud accounting systems e.g. Xero.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality review and time management skills.
- The ability to proactively question everything to improve quality and processes.
- An approach that quality and value are second to none.
- £80,000 – £100,000 (experience dependent).
- Discretionary performance related bonus.
- Pension contributions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Private medical care.
- Fully paid strategy trip each year.
- Flexible working.
- Laptop available for business and personal use.
- Mobile phone or BYOD allowance.
You will predominantly be based in London and travel to client sites will be required at times. From time to time you may work from home depending on business and client needs. Your skills and experience will determine the entry level and progression within flinder will be dependent on performance.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full-time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.